Below you can find details about Rest Easy Nashville’s current available position and the application process.
Rest Easy Nashville is looking for a detail-oriented multi-tasker who thrives on delivering wow-moments to help curate high-quality experiences for our guests. Flexibility, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and a strong work ethic are crucial. This position is ideal for problem solvers, over-communicators, organizational virtuosos, and those with an almost-annoying eye for detail.
The Operations Assistant is an independent contractor position, responsible for maintaining the appearance, inventory, functionality, and overall guest experience of a portfolio of homes. In any given week, this could look like checking to ensure homes are guest-ready, restocking supplies, changing batteries, or helping to launch new properties. Details matter here, so we’re looking for someone who actually enjoys sweating the small stuff.
Estimated work time is 22-30 hours per month, fluctuating based on needs and efficiency. Pay will start at $650 per month for a starting portfolio of 10 homes, and will increase for additional properties added to the portfolio, as determined by the size and scope of the new listings. There is high potential for growth of compensation as we consistently onboard new clients.
There is a great deal of flexibility and freedom, with the Operations Assistant setting and managing his or her own schedule. Properties need to be visited every two weeks at a minimum, with additional site visits as required. Scheduling for deliveries and inspections is entirely up to the contractor, in accordance with the booking calendar and property needs.
As a growing startup, there is significant opportunity for the role to expand down the road to include more responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visiting homes to ensure every detail has been thought of, the properties are fully-stocked, and the guests will have a 5-star experience
- Inspecting properties to ensure they are clean, staged, guest-ready, and meet Rest Easy standards
- Innovating ways to surprise and delight our guests at each property
- Preparing and delivering welcome notes and gifts for guests
- Restocking properties with consumables and other supplies
- Maintaining quantity and quality of inventory items in each property, replacing items as needed
- Documenting, communicating, and remedying any problems, damage, or missing/broken items
- Ensuring internet, television, and other technologies are in working order, and troubleshooting issues as necessary
- Assisting with new property launches
BASIC PROPERTY UPKEEP
- Proactively inspecting homes and identifying issues, quality assurance concerns, and/or potential safety issues; following through with corrective actions
- Performing minor property fixes, such as changing light bulbs, batteries, and air filters
- Sweeping exterior living and entry areas as needed; salting exterior areas and setting faucets to drip for icy weather
- Obtaining quotes/bids from vendors and tradesmen for larger maintenance projects and repairs as needed
- Coordinating with vendors to successfully complete property enhancement and maintenance projects on time; evaluating quality, confirming completion, and ensuring cleanup; communicating progress to appropriate parties
- Working closely with Rest Easy leadership to problem-solve, streamline processes, and wow guests
- Keeping company and property supply rooms neat, inventoried, stocked, and organized
- Creating and refining systems, processes, and procedures to maximize efficiency and aid in organizational development
- Identifying opportunities for improvement when it comes to guest, homeowner, and company needs
- Creating and executing quarterly property evaluations and preparing recommendations to enhance listing marketability
- Assisting with linen processing, stocking, laundering, packing, and delivering as needed
- Participating in scheduled rotation to communicate with guests and respond to questions, issues, and emergencies as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Our Operations Assistant must be:
- Proactive, adaptive, trustworthy, and reliable
- Meticulously detail-obsessed, with stellar organizational skills; proficient at recognizing flaws, errors, or inconsistencies others may overlook; experienced in successfully managing tasks or processes with many details
- Competent to work independently; a self-starter; resourceful
- Able to maintain composure, productivity, and a positive attitude amidst change or under pressure
- Skilled at managing several tasks at once, as well as identifying and balancing top priorities; able to quickly pivot from one project to the next and, conversely, to dig into a challenge to push past a roadblock
- Able to learn technology quickly; comfortable utilizing the following software and tools: Asana, Google Drive, Airbnb, Google Calendar (and/or iCal), email/text
- Comfortable in a startup culture with ever-evolving ideas and responsibilities; willing to embrace shifts in role or organizational structures
- Friendly, well-presented, and hospitable towards guests, vendors, and team members
- Physically capable of performing essential functions of the job; able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Willing to undergo a background check and/or random drug screenings
Our Operations Assistant must have:
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Good judgment, strong common sense, and sound decision-making abilities
- A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Access to a smartphone, tablet, and/or computer
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible and varied schedule, which may include occasional nights, weekend, and holiday hours as needed
- General knowledge of property cleaning standards, household setup, and light maintenance processes
- Ability to send monthly invoices for compensation as an independent contractor